Monday, January 22, 2007

Random week-end (fast) web readings...

After conducting this test (takes 5 minutes for the first test..), I must admit I am a typical procrastinator (but maybe you are too...)

(I defer very important thinks to do, creating permanent stress for myself...).

I like this article and formula on the topic.

It is surely too late for me to change !!

My permanent auto-justification is the fact I consider not doing things (at the end, I do some things...) is a way to unconsciously regulate myself, in the increasing stress of solicitation created by new communication world and media.


- A rather good online set of articles on Strategic Planning


- IT Gouvernance: Pénétration d'ITIL en augmentation, et quelques règles utiles pour réussir


- All companies nowadays know that main profit gains can come from supplier side, in a globalized world.

(and ....too bad for some suppliers, many ethics issues, where is win-win strategy?, ...)

This article give some good rules to follow in that perspective:

Strategic alignment, Cross-functionality, Simplification, ICT enabling, Process sourcing (BPO)


KM:

- Killer applications in KM? Good synthesis, but nothing new...

- Information is not knowledge! Wiki example

...and an opposite opinion there...

- As mentionned in my 14/1 contribution, role of KM for economies and ... need of KM adapted to specific cultures...

- About the permanent fight of librarians inside KM strategies...

- Back to basics: Deming on KM and management


- Good synthesis in this short executive abstract of some current IT market heavy trends:

Outsourcing for stable operations, new emerging technologies bundles, software subscription rather than ownership, ...


- Net Neutrality: an permanent issue, not solved...


and...


Some Hi-Tech news for teckies...

- BI (Business Intelligence) data delivered on phones: realistic?

- Moore law again: why not play on connectivity?

- Touch screens for many fingers: applications?

- Bug free software: open source a solution?

1 comment:

M Taher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.